Accounting Standards for CPAs: Fall Update (Completed)
Date: Monday, October 3, 2022
Instructor: Pat Patterson
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
This session will cover the recently issued Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) for 2021, 2022, and other years as appropriate. In addition, the session will deal with earlier standards that have deferred the effective dates for standards. Further, additional information that the FASB offers that is considered important will be dealt with. This includes FASB meetings, news releases and anticipated developments.
Who Should Attend
Any professional accountant that has a need to remain current on FASB releases and developments for generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) should attend this session? This includes those in public accounting, business, nonprofit organizations, and other areas.
- Newly issued Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs)
- Changes to GAAP
- Revised disclosure standards
- Revised accounting issues
- New FASB actions and/or other pronouncements
- Other matters deemed appropriate and timely
- Recognize and apply new GAAP releases
- Identify the issues in the new ASUs
- Identify any new disclosure issues
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (2 hours)
Basic knowledge of FASB and GAAP.