Common Audit Deficiencies (Currently Unavailable)
Author: Melisa Galasso
||5 hours for CPAs
This course will review common deficiencies identified by the AICPA and state boards of accountancy. It includes discussion on a variety of topics including auditing estimates, internal controls deficiencies, documentation deficiencies, and risk assessment. We will review the areas of concern, the profession’s response to these deficiencies, and how you can overcome them by employing best practices.
Publication Date: April 2020
Accountants in public practice.
- Risk Assessment
- Auditing Estimates
- Documentation Deficiencies
- Describe common audit deficiencies
- Identify how to properly perform risk assessment and documentation
- Identify internal controls
- Recognize procedures for auditing estimates using a risk-based approach
NASBA Field of Study
Auditing (5 hours)
Prior experience with GAAS.