Communication Skills Training for the CPA
Author: David Osburn
||2 hours for CPAs
Today’s competitive and complex business environment requires the CPA to be a strong communicator. Attend this proactive seminar and learn how to effectively communicate your position!
This seminar will emphasize the “communication” process and explore techniques to improve oral communications, including telephone techniques, and written communications.
Publication Date: February 2019
Sole practitioners, firm partners, CFOs, controllers, department managers, staff accountants.
- Becoming a Stronger Communicator
- The Communication Process
- Improving Oral & Written Communications
- Telephone Techniques and the CPA
- Communications Skill Building- "What‐if" Scenarios
- Related Communication Concepts- Public Speaking, Negotiations, and Marketing
- "Human Issues" and Communications
- Recognize how to become a stronger communicator
- Identify the communication process
- Differentiate ways to improve oral and written communications
- Identify related communication concepts‐public speaking, negotiations, and marketing
- Recognize empathy, ego and needs and personality types as they relate to communications
- Describe the most effective setup for a meeting when it comes to space dynamics
- Identify how to apply Maslow's model to communication
NASBA Field of Study
Personal Development (2 hours)