Leadership Skill Training
Author: David Osburn
||2 hours for CPAs
Today's competitive environment requires you to “lead” your company or management team through diverse and often complex scenarios. Learn the importance of “sound” leadership skills within your organization and how to identify and eliminate “roadblocks” to successful leadership.
During the course we will address “common” workforce issues by using “real-life” leadership scenarios to reinforce the concepts. The session will explore the difference between a leader and a manager as well as how to best handle workplace diversity which arises from the differences in “gender, generations, and ethnicity.”
This on-demand course will also cover effective leadership skill-building techniques, communications, public speaking, negotiations, and personal marketing. Additionally, leadership styles, the psychology of leadership, and ethical thought in leadership will be reviewed.
Publication Date: September 2018
CPAs, CFO/controllers, department managers, and staff accountants that manage other people in providing accounting, tax or consulting services to businesses.
- Effective leadership skill-building techniques
- Public speaking
- Personal marketing
- Leadership styles
- Psychology of leadership
- Ethical thought in leadership
- Identify effective leadership vs. "managership" principles
- Recognize sound principles of leadership and common roadblocks
- Recognize effective leadership skill-building techniques, including communications, public speaking, negotiations, personal marketing, and real human issues
- Differentiate theories of leadership including trait, skills, style, pshychodynamic, and strategic
- Identify and apply the leadership concepts through case analyses and personal application
- Recognize how to best consider candidates based on leadership skills
- Differentiate leadership types
- Recognize characteristics of various leadership styles
NASBA Field of Study
Personnel/HR (2 hours)