Negotiation Skill Building: Ask for the Business & Close the Deal!
Author: David Osburn
||2 hours for CPAs
Today’s competitive environment requires the CPA to be a strong negotiator. Attend this proactive webinar and learn to ask for the business and actually close the deal!
This two hour CPE course will emphasize negotiation skill building, effective communications, telephone techniques, and the negotiation “process.” The session will also cover the importance of the “human” side of negotiations including “empathy,” “ego,” and “needs.”
Publication Date: February 2018
Sole practitioners, firm partners, CFOs, controllers, department managers, and staff accountants.
- Emphasize negotiation skill building
- Effective communications aka "Asking/Closing"
- Public Speaking (Related Communication Skill)
- Telephone Techniques
- The Negotiation Process
- Negotiation Skill Building-What If Scenarios
- Negotiation Skill Building Applied
- Improving the CPA's Business Development Efforts
- Negotiation Skill Building and Marketing
- Management Skills and Styles
- Technical Skills
- Compensation Techniques & Negotiations
- "Human Issues" and Negotiations
- The importance of the "human" side of negotiations
- Identify how to become a stronger negotiator including asking for the business and closing the deal
- Describe negotiation skill building, effective communications, telephone techniques, and the negotiation process
- Recognize and explore empathy, ego, and needs as they relate to negotiations
- Explore effective negotiation skill building, effective communications, telephone techniques, and the negotiation process
- Improve the CPA's business development efforts
- Review related topics of management styles and technical skills
- Discuss the "human" side of negotiations including empathy, ego, and needs
- Reinforce the negotiation skill concepts through business development "case studies"
- Identify and apply the Ask/Close negotiation model
- Recognize how to close a deal utilizing the AIDAS model to a negotiation
- Differentiate management styles and how to prepare negotiations
- Identify and apply Maslow's hierarchy of needs
- Recognize how to handle sexual harassment accusations
- Describe management styles
NASBA Field of Study
Personal Development (2 hours)