Transfer Pricing During and Post-COVID-19 (Completed)
Date: Friday, July 30, 2021
Instructor: Adnan Islam
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
This course will cover a high-level discussion of transfer pricing issues during and post-COVID (pandemic). This course will provide transfer pricing fundamentals and basics, and also how companies may have applied modified transfer pricing methods and approaches because of, during, and post-COVID. With respect to transfer pricing, we will focus on IRC Section 482 and corresponding U.S. treasury transfer pricing regulations.
Who Should Attend
Experienced international tax staff through international tax director level interested in or already practicing international taxation.
- What is transfer pricing per IRC Section 482?
- Why the need for transfer pricing analysis and documentation?
- Transfer pricing issues, thoughts, and practice observations due to COVID
- Identify basic international income tax issues under Section 482 transfer pricing rules
- Recognize the basic differences between different types of intercompany transactions, or related party transactions
- Recognize that the COVID pandemic brought unique environmental, economic, and global challenges and issues (e.g., supply chain, resources, governmental regulations, etc.) that has affected taxpayers' businesses and transfer pricing arrangements
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic experience with transfer pricing. Read Section 482 and Treas. Reg. 1.6662-6(d)(2)(iii) and Treas. Reg. 1.482-7, -8, and -9.