Maximizing the Employee Retention Credit
Author: Greg White
||1 hour for CPAs
1 hour Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
1 hour Federal Tax Law for CTEC
Join expert, Greg White, CPA, as he covers the employee retention credit. This credit is now available for taxpayers who have received PPP loans.
Publication Date: February 2021
New and experienced CPA’s who practice in the tax area.
- Relationship PPP Forgiveness and ERC
- How Much Weight Do FAQ's Carry?
- Differences between the credit available for 2020 vs. 2021
- Election 80% Rule
- Two for One
- Definition: Gross Receipts
- Employee Retention Credit: Selected Fine Print
- Identify clients who qualify for the employee retention credit
- Recognize how to compute the credit
- Recognize how to allocate wages between PPP forgiveness and the retention credit
- Identify an advantage of using the prior quarter for the 80% test
- Recognize which types of situations would a business qualify for a partial suspension
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (1 hour)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.